西京已经乱得太不像样,
Usurpers grab for power, ruining life.
豺虎方遘患。
I’ll leave the mid-land for a second time,
豺虎制造的灾祸无止无休。
Seeking shelter in the southern clime.
复弃中国去,
Full of sorrow are my kith and kin,
只好离开中原故里,
Ready to follow me through thick and thin.
委身适荆蛮。
Along the way, nothing may be found,
动身去南蛮之地的荆州。
Nothing but dried bones that dot the ground.
亲戚对我悲,
I see a hungry woman on the way
亲戚们都向我悲哭,
Discard her son amid the grass and hay.
朋友相追攀。
From behind me comes a weep and cry
朋友追攀着车辕不愿松手。
Of the woman moaning loud her reason why: