其叶何离离。枝叶繁茂纷披。
Its leaves appear to me so thick and lush.
傍能行仁义,旁人对我到底何如,
In men's eyes, I am like the rush well blessed,
莫若妾自知。哪有妾自己心中明白。
But I discern it better than the rest.
众口铄黄金,众人的谗言连黄金也可熔化,
As groundless gossip even melts the gold,
念君去我时,想起你离开我的时刻,
We are torn apart before we grow old.
独愁常苦悲。孤苦伶仃地常常心里伤悲。
Ever since I lost favour with you,
感结伤心脾。痛苦得心肝都要碎!
I’ve often sat alone in woe and rue.
念君常苦悲,无时无刻不在伤悲,
Every time I cherish thoughts of you,
夜夜不能寐。每天夜里都不能入睡。
Sadness in my heart must soon ensue.
莫以贤豪故,不要自以为豪侠贤能,
When I think of you in woe and rue,
弃捐素所爱。就抛弃了素来相爱的人。
Night upon night I have suffered through.
莫以鱼肉贱,不要以为连鱼肉都不希罕,
Do not intend to give up your dear wife