豹子头林冲当夜醉倒在雪里地上,挣扎不起,被众庄客向前绑缚了,解送来一个庄院。
The night Panther Head Lin Chong fell drunk in the snow and was unable to rise, the vassals bound him with ropes and brought him to a manor.
只见一个庄客从院里出来说道:“大官人未起。”
Another vassal came out and said: “Our lord is still asleep.
众人且把林冲高吊起在门楼下。
Let's hang him up below the entry tower. ”
那庄客听得叫,手拿柴棍,从门房里走出来,喝道:“你这厮还自好口!”
Vassals grabbed sticks and came out of the gate?house. “You've got the nerve to complain!”
那个被烧了髭须的老庄家说道:“休要问他,只顾打。
The old vassal whose whiskers had been singed said: “Don't bother talking to him.
Just drub him!
众庄客一齐上,林冲被打,挣扎不得,只叫道:“不防事,我有分辨处。”
Swarming around Lin Chong, the vassals flailed him with their sticks.
He couldn't escape. “Beat away!” he cried. “I'll make you regret this!”
只见一个庄客来叫道:“大官人来了。”
Another vassal approached and said: “The lord is coming.”
林冲看时,见那个官人背叉着手行将出来,在廊下问道:“你等众人打甚么人?”
Lin hazily saw an official?looking man, hands clasped behind his back, emerge from a building and descend from the porch. “Who are you beating there?” the man called.
众庄客答道:“昨夜捉得个偷米贼人。”
“We caught this rice thief last night,” the vassals replied.
那官人向前来看时,认得是林冲,慌忙喝退庄客,亲自解下,问道:“教头缘何被吊在这里?”
The man walked over and recognized Lin Chong.
He quickly ordered the vassals to desist and untied Lin's bonds. “What are you doing tied up here, Arms Instructor?” he asked.
众庄客看见,一齐走了。
On hearing this, the vassals all withdrew.
林冲看时,不是别人,却是小旋风柴进。
Standing before Lin Chong was none other than Chai Jin.
柴进道:“教头为何到此,被村夫耻辱?”
“Why have these villagers been humiliating you?”
两个且到里面坐下,把这火烧草料场一事,备细告诉。
The two went inside and sat down.
Lin recounted his adventures in detail, starting with the burning of the fodder depot.
柴进听罢,道:“兄长如此命蹇!
“What bad luck you've had, brother,” said Chai Jin.
这里是小弟的东庄,且住几时,却再商议。”
This place is my eastern manor.
Stay a while, then we'll decide what to do.”
叫庄客取一笼衣裳出来,叫林冲撤里至外都换了,请去暖阁里坐地。
He ordered a vassal to bring fresh clothes and, when Lin had changed completely, invited him into a heated room
自此林冲只在柴进东庄上,住了五七日,不在话下。
Lin remained in the eastern manor for another six or seven days.
Of that we'll say no more.
且说沧州牢城营里管营,首告林冲杀死差拨、陆虞候、富安等三人,放火沿烧大军草料场。
Let us speak rather of Cangzhou, where the warden of the garrison prison presented an accusation against Lin Chong for the murder of the head keeper, Captain Lu Qian and Fu An, and for burning down the army fodder depot.
州尹大惊,随即押了公文帖,仰缉捕人员,将带做公的,沿乡历邑,道店村坊,画影图形,出三千贯信赏钱,捉拿正犯林冲。
The prefect was astonished.
He immediately issued an order for Lin Chong's arrest, and sent police to post pictures of him in every village and town, inn and shop, plus notices offering three thousand strings of cash for his apprehension.
看看挨捕甚紧,各处村坊讲动了。
The hotness of the pursuit caused a stir among the local people.
且说林冲在柴大官人东庄上,听得这话,如坐针毡。
Lin, in the eastern manor, was on pins and needles when he heard about it.
伺候柴进回庄,林冲便说道:“非是大官人不留小弟,争奈官司追捕甚紧,排家搜捉,倘若寻到大官人庄上时,须负累大官人不好。
He said to Chai Jin: “You'd better not keep me here, Excellency.
They're making a house to house search.
If they find me in the manor, you'll be implicated, and that's no good.
既蒙大官人仗义疏财,求借林冲些小盘缠,投奔他处栖身。
Let me impose on your chivalry and generosity and borrow a little travelling money.
I'll find another refuge.