我能看到汽车。
I can, like, see the car.
Holy mother!
圣母马利亚!
I can, like, see the car.
Holy mother!
男2:我喜欢变瞎子。
J.
Louchart: I love being blind.
真诚的说,如果有机会,我不打算重见光明了。
If I had the opportunity, honestly, I wouldn't go back to being sighted.
基什:这些人看上去很恐惧吗?
DK: Now, do these people look terrified?
没那么恐惧。
Not so much.
我们已经传授激活训练,给成千上万的盲人,以及各行各业的正常人,遍及40个国家。
We have delivered activation training to tens of thousands of blind and sighted people from all backgrounds in nearly 40 countries.
当盲人学会看见,可视的人似乎受到了启发,他们想要学会更好更清晰、不畏惧地看清他们的路,这证明了我们潜在的巨大能力,我们可以在任何黑暗和挑战中前行,发现无法想象的东西,只要我们被激活。
When blind people learn to see, sighted people seem inspired to want to learn to see their way better, more clearly, with less fear, because this exemplifies the immense capacity within us all to navigate any type of challenge, through any form of darkness, to discoveries unimagined when we are activated.
我祝愿你们拥有一个激励的旅途。
I wish you all a most activating journey.
安德森:丹尼尔,我的朋友。
Chris Anderson: Daniel, my friend.
我知道你看得到:Ted观众的喝彩声壮观持久。
As I know you can see, it's a spectacular standing ovation at TED.
谢谢你的出众演讲。
Thank you for an extraordinary talk.
关于你的世界、你所建立的内心世界,我还想问一个问题。
Just one more question about your world, your inner world that you construct.
我们认为在我们的世界中我们拥有盲人没有的事物,但是你的世界是怎样的?
We think that we have things in our world that you as a blind person don't have, but what's your world like?
你有我们没有的东西吗?
What do you have that we don't have?
基什:360度视角,也就是说,我的声呐在身后和身前都看得见。
DK: Three hundred and sixty-degree view, so my sonar works about as well behind me as it does in front of me.
在拐角处也可以管用。
It works around corners.
也可以穿过物体表面。
It works through surfaces.
一般而言,这是模糊的三维几何世界。
Generally, it's kind of a fuzzy three-dimensional geometry.
我有过一名学生,现在已经成为教员了,在他失明后的几个月,他正坐在三层楼高的家里,发觉自己能听到屋子里正在进行的一切:厨房里、浴室里人们的谈话几层之外,几墙之隔的声音。
One of my students, who has now become an instructor, when he lost his vision, after a few months he was sitting in his three story house and he realized that he could hear everything going on throughout the house: conversations, people in the kitchen, people in the bathroom, several floors away, several walls away.
他说就像拥有X射线一样的视力。
He said it was something like having x-ray vision.
安德森:你会怎样描绘现在身处的地方?
CA: What do you picture that you're in right now?
你怎样描绘这个现场?
How do you picture this theater?
安德森:丹尼尔,你的演讲很棒,帮助我们用不同的方式看世界。
CA: Well, Daniel, you have done a spectacular job of helping us all see the world in a different way.