我们中的很多人都有自己的事业,都有孩子,但是我们做了女性应当做的,我们还分享了我们的工作成果。
Many of us had careers, many of us had children, but we did what women do, and we shared the work.
之后,突然之间,我们就在一些基础问题上达到了一致。
And almost instantly, we agreed on certain fundamental things.
第一件事:我们想成为世界上第一个主要目的被淡化的政党。
First thing: we want to be the only political party in the world whose main aim was to no longer need to exist.
这是一个绝妙的主意。
That's a fantastic idea.
我们想成为唯一一个没有特殊政治倾向的政党。
We wanted to be the only political party with no particular political leaning.
我们接受来自左派,右派,中间派,来自各种年龄群体的人。
We wanted people from the left, from the right, from the middle, every age group.
因为这一切的一切只是为了一个简单的目标:让我们在生活的方方面面都得到平等,当我们做到的时候,我们就可以回到家里,把该做的家务给做了。
Because the whole point was to work with a simple agenda: let's get equality in every aspect of our lives, and when we're finished, let's go home and get the other chores done.
其次,我们想改变现行政治的流程。
And we wanted to change how politics is conducted.
我不确定你们这儿是否也是这样,但是在英国,我们有两大主要政党。
I don't know if you have this, but in Britain we have two major political parties.
它们就是政治领域的恐龙。
They're the dinosaurs of politics.
而它们互相之间的交流方式是可耻的,剧毒的。
And how they speak to each other is shameful and poisonous.
我知道你们肯定没听过那种叫法-
I'm sure you've never had that kind of name-calling —
让更多的女性投身政治吧,好吗?
And let's get more women into politics, OK?
让我们,作为唯一的一个给候选人提供儿童照顾的政党,获得更多女性投身政治吧,这样她们就能迈出家门,开始选举。
Let's immediately get more women into politics by being the only political party to offer free childcare to our candidates, so they can get out of the house and start campaigning.
在10个月的时间里,我们在英国有了超过70个政党分支部门。
Within 10 months, we had more than 70 branches of our party across the UK.
我们在2016年5月,我们在伦敦,苏格兰,威尔士举办了候选人选举。
We stood candidates for election in London, Scotland and Wales in May 2016.
5%的人把党代表后选票投给了伦敦市市长。
One in 20 people voted for our candidate for London Mayor.
当选举中的男性注意到我们吸引了多少选票时奇迹中的奇迹,他们开始讨论攻破性别平等的问题了。
And when the men in the race saw how many votes we were attracting, wonder of wonders, they began to talk about the need to tackle gender equality.
我想要……
I want ...
我想要为了我们的女儿们,为了我们的儿子们这样做。
I want that for our daughters, and I want it for our sons.
因为,事实的真相是:平等对所有人都是更好的选择。
Because the fact is: equality is better for everyone.
来吧,人们,让我们按下按钮!
Come on people, let's activate!
让我们改变世界!
Let's change the world!
我知道我们能做到,况且它也希望被完成!
I know we can do it, and it wants doing!