怎么,是屋漏么?
Well, was the roof leaking?
小时候我有一个愿望:我愿在你的庇荫下做一世的孩子。
When I was young, I wished I could remain a kid forever under your wing.
现在只有让梦来满足这个愿望了。
Now I can fulfill this which only in my dreams.
至少在梦里,我可以见到你,我高兴,我没有挂虑地微笑,我不假思索地随口讲话。
There in a dream, I can at least come face-to-face with you.
为了这个,我应该感谢梦。
For all this, I should be thankful to my dreams.
几年前我流了眼泪读完托尔斯泰小说《复活》,曾经在扉页上写了一句话:"生活本身就是一个悲剧。
Several years ago, after I finished reading Leo Tolstoy's Resurrection with tears in my eyes, I wrote on its title page, "Life itself is a tragedy.
生活并不是一个悲剧。
However, that is not how things are, for life is not a tragedy, but a "struggle".
我们生活来做什么?
What do we live for?
或者说我们为什么要有这生命?
Or why do we live this life at all?
罗曼·罗兰的回答是"为的是来征服它"。
The answer given by Roman Rolland is "to conquer life".
我认为他说的不错。
I think he is right.
我有了生命以来,在这个世界上虽然仅仅经历了二十几个寒暑,但是这短短的时期也并不是白白度过的。
Ever since I was born, I have passed no more than twenty odd summers in this world, but this short period of time has not been spent for nothing at all.
这其间我也曾看见了不少的东西,知道了不少的事情。
I have since seen a lot of things and come to know a lot of things.
我的周围是无边的黑暗,但是我并不孤独,并不绝望。
Though it is all darkness around me, I have never felt lonely, nor have I ever given up hope.
我无论在什么地方总看见那一股生活的激流在动荡,在创造他自己的道路,通过乱山碎石中间。
Everywhere I go, I always see the torrent of life tumbling along to open up its way through a confused mass of mountains and rocks.
这激流永远动荡着,并不曾有一个时候停止过,而且它也不能够停止;
This torrent is always surging ahead; it has never stopped for a single moment and will never stop.
没有什么东西可以阻止它。
Nothing whatever can hold it up.
在它的途中,它也曾发射出种种的水花,这里面有爱,有恨,有欢乐,也有痛苦。
While on its way, it sometimes throws clouds of spray into the air embodying love and hate, and happiness and sorrow.
这一切造成了奔腾的一股激流,具有排山之势, 向着唯一的海流去。
All that makes up the tumultuous torrent rushing with terrific force towards the only sea.
这唯一的海是什么,而且什么时候它才可以流到这海里,就没有人能够确定的知道了。
No one knows for sure what that only sea is and when the torrent is going to empty into it.
我跟所有其余的人一样,生活在这世界上,是为着来征服生活。
Like everybody else, I live in this world for the purpose of conquering life.
我也曾参加在这个"搏斗"里面。
I have also taken part in the "struggle".
我有我的爱,有我的恨,有我的欢乐,也有我的痛苦。
I have my own love and hate, and happiness and sorrow.
但是我并没有失去我的信仰:对于生活的信仰。
But I have never lost my faith -- a faith in life.