欲往从之梁父艰。
But Liangfu keeps us long apart;
侧身东望涕沾翰。
Looking east, I find tears start.
美人赠我金错刀,
She gives a sword to my delight;
何以报之英琼瑶。
A jade I give her as requite.
路远莫致倚逍遥,
I’m at a loss as she is out of sight,
何为怀忧心烦劳?
Troubling myself all the night.
侧身东望前襟上涕泪斑斑。
In Guilin stays my dear sweetheart,
美人赠我黄金镀柄的佩刀,
But Xiang Stream keeps us long apart;
怎样才能送去这块美玉回报?
Looking south, I find tears start.
怎能不使我满心都是烦恼!
She gives a lute to my delight;
我所思兮在桂林,
A plate I give her as requite.
欲往从之湘水深。
I’m full of grief as she is out of sight,
侧身南望涕沾襟。
Worrying myself all the night.
美人赠我琴琅玕,
In Hanyang stays my dear sweetheart,