你如今活着,将来会不属于自己:
No longer yours than you yourself here live;
你该准备去对抗末日的到来,
Against this coming end you should prepare,
把你可爱的形体让别人来承继。
And your sweet semblance to some other give.
这样,你那租借得来的美影,
So should that beauty which you hold in lease
就能够克服时间,永远不到期:
Find no determination, then you were
你死后可以重新成为你自身,
Yourself again after your self's decease,
只要你儿子保有你美丽的形体。
When your sweet issue your sweet form should bear.
谁会让这么美好的屋子垮下去,
Who lets so fair a house fall to decay,
不用勤勉和节俭来给以支柱,
Which husbandry in honour might uphold
来帮他对抗冬天的狂风暴雨,
Against the stormy gusts of winter's day
对抗死神的毁灭一切的冷酷?
And barren rage of death's eternal cold?
只有败家子才会这样呵——你明白:
O, none but unthrifts! Dear my love, you know,
你有父亲,你儿子也该有啊,我爱!
You had a father; let your son say so.