来好好安歇我旅途劳顿的四肢;
The dear repose for limbs with travel tired,
但是,脑子的旅行又随即开场,
But then begins a journey in my head
劳力刚刚完毕,劳心又开始;
To work my mind when body's work's expired;
这时候,我的思念就不辞遥远,
For then my thoughts, from far where I abide,
从我这儿热衷地飞到你身畔,
Intend a zealous pilgrimage to thee,
又使我睁开着沉重欲垂的眼帘,
And keep my drooping eyelids open wide,
凝视着盲人也能见到的黑暗:
Looking on darkness which the blind do see;
终于,我的心灵使你的幻像
Save that my soul's imaginary sight
鲜明地映上我眼前的一片乌青,
Presents thy shadow to my sightless view,
好像宝石在可怕的夜空放光,
Which like a jewel hung in ghastly night,
黑夜的古旧面貌也焕然一新。
Makes black night beauteous and her old face new.
看,我白天劳力,夜里劳心,
Lo, thus, by day my limbs, by night my mind,
为你,为我自己,我不得安宁。
For thee, and for myself, no quiet find.