那时候,我见你对我的缺点皱眉,
When I shall see thee frown on my defects,
你的爱已经付出了全部恩情,
Whenas thy love hath cast his utmost sum,
种种理由劝告你把总账算回;
Called to that audit by advised respects;
那日子要来,那时你陌生地走过去,
Against that time when thou shalt strangely pass,
不用那太阳——你的眼睛来迎接我,
And scarcely greet me with that sun, thine eye,
那时候,爱终于找到了严肃的论据,
When love, converted from the thing it was,
可以从原来的地位上一下子变过;
Shall reasons find of settled gravity.
那日子要来,我得先躲在反省里,
Against that time do I ensconce me here
凭自知之明,了解自己的功罪,
Within the knowledge of mine own desert,
我于是就这样举手,反对我自己,
And this my hand against myself uprear,
站在你那边,辩护你合法的行为:
To guard the lawful reasons on thy part.
法律允许你把我这可怜人抛去,
To leave poor me thou hast the strength of laws,
因我提不出你必须爱我的根据。
Since why to love I can allege no cause.