不值钱的东西都锁进坚固的库房——
Each trifle under truest bars to thrust,
让它们承受绝对可靠的保管,
That to my use it might unused stay
逃过骗诈的手脚,等将来派用场!
From hands of falsehood, in sure wards of trust!
但是你——使我的珠宝不值钱的你呵,
But thou, to whom my jewels trifles are,
我的大安慰,如今,我的大忧虑,
Most worthy comfort, now my greatest grief,
我的最亲人,我的唯一的牵记呵,
Thou best of dearest, and mine only care,
给漏了,可能被普通的盗贼掳去。
Art left the prey of every vulgar thief.
我没有把你封锁进任何宝库,
Thee have I not locked up in any chest,
除了我心头,你不在,我感到你在,
Save where thou art not, though I feel thou art,
我用我胸膛把你温柔地围住,
Within the gentle closure of my breast,
这地方你可以随便来,随便离开;
From whence at pleasure thou mayst come and part;
就是在这里,我怕你还会被偷掉,
And even thence thou wilt be stol'n, I fear,
对这种宝物,连忠实也并不可靠。
For truth proves thievish for a prize so dear.