假如不时刻伺候你,遂你的心愿?
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
我的时间根本就不算什么,
I have no precious time at all to spend,
我也没事情可做,只等你使唤。
Nor services to do till you require.
我的君王!我为你守着时钟,
Nor dare I chide the world-without-end hour
可是不敢责骂那不尽的时间,
Whilst I, my sovereign, watch the clock for you,
也不敢老想着别离是多么苦痛,
Nor think the bitterness of absence sour
自从你对你仆人说过了再见;
When you have bid your servant once adieu.
我也不敢一心忌妒地去探究
Nor dare I question with my jealous thought
你到了哪儿,或猜测你的情形,
Where you may be, or your affairs suppose,
只像个悲伤的奴隶,没别的念头,
But, like a sad slave, stay and think of naught
只想:你使你周围的人们多高兴。
Save where you are how happy you make those.
爱真像傻瓜,不管你在干什么,
So true a fool is love that in your will,
他总是以为你存心好,不算什么。
Though you do anything, he thinks no ill.