漫漫的长夜张着沉重的眼皮?
My heavy eyelids to the weary night?
是你希望能打破我的酣睡,
Dost thou desire my slumbers should be broken
用你的影子来玩弄我的视力?
While shadows like to thee do mock my sight?
是你派出了你的魂灵,老远
Is it thy spirit that thou send'st from thee
从家乡赶来审察我干的事情;
So far from home into my deeds to pry,
来查明我怎样乱花了空闲的时间,
To find out shames and idle hours in me,
实现你猜疑的目的,嫉妒的用心?
The scope and tenure of thy jealousy?
不啊!你的爱虽然多,还没这样大;
O no, thy love, though much, is not so great.
使我睁眼的是我自己的爱;
It is my love that keeps mine eye awake,
我对你真爱,这使我休息不下,
Mine own true love that doth my rest defeat,
使我为你扮守夜人,每夜都在:
To play the watchman ever for thy sake.
我为你守夜,而在老远的地方,
For thee watch I, whilst thou dost wake elsewhere,
你醒着,有别人紧紧靠在你身旁。
From me far off, with others all too near.