我到底好在哪儿,能够使你在
What merit lived in me that you should love
我死后还爱我——把我忘了吧,爱人
After my death, dear love, forget me quite,
因为你不能发现我值得你爱;
For you in me can nothing worthy prove;
除非你能够造出善意的谎言,
Unless you would devise some virtuous lie,
把我吹嘘得比我本人强几倍,
To do more for me than mine own desert,
给你的亡友加上过多的颂赞,
And hang more praise upon deceased I
超出了吝啬的真实允许的范围;
Than niggard truth would willingly impart.
啊,怕世人又要说你没有真爱,
O, lest your true love may seem false in this,
理由是你把我瞎捧证明你虚伪,
That you for love speak well of me untrue,
但愿我姓名跟我的身体同埋,
My name be buried where my body is,
教它别再活下去使你我羞愧。
And live no more to shame nor me nor you;
因为我带来的东西使我羞惭,
For I am shamed by that which I bring forth,
你爱了不值得爱的,也得赧颜。
And so should you, to love things nothing worth.