通告说我已经离开恶浊的人世,
Than you shall hear the surly sullen bell
要去和更恶的恶虫居住在一起:
Give warning to the world that I am fled
你就不要再为我而呜咽不止;
From this vile world with vilest worms to dwell.
你读这诗的时候,也不要想到
Nay, if you read this line, remember not
写它的手;因为我这样爱你,
The hand that writ it, for I love you so
假如一想到我,你就要苦恼,
That I in your sweet thoughts would be forgot,
我愿意被忘记在你甜蜜的思想里。
If thinking on me then should make you woe.
或者,我说,有一天你看到这首诗,
O, if, I say, you look upon this verse,
那时候我也许已经化成土灰,
When I, perhaps, compounded am with clay,
那么请不要念我可怜的名字;
Do not so much as my poor name rehearse,
最好你的爱也跟我生命同毁;
But let your love even with my life decay,
怕聪明世界会看穿你的悲恸,
Lest the wise world should look into your moan,
在我去后利用我来把你嘲弄。
And mock you with me after I am gone.