你也多半明白你自己的价值:
And like enough thou know'st thy estimate.
你的才德给予你自由的权利;
The charter of thy worth gives thee releasing;
我跟你订的盟约就到此为止。
My bonds in thee are all determinate.
你不答应,我怎能把你占有?
For how do I hold thee but by thy granting,
对于这样的福气,我哪儿相配?
And for that riches where is my deserving?
我没有接受这美好礼物的理由,
The cause of this fair gift in me is wanting,
给我的特许证因而就掉头而归。
And so my patent back again is swerving.
你当时不知道自己有多高的身价,
Thyself thou gav'st, thy own worth then not knowing,
或者是把我看错了,才给我深情;
Or me, to whom thou gav'st it, else mistaking;
所以,你这份厚礼,送错了人家,
So thy great gift, upon misprision growing,
终于回家了,算得是明智的决定。
Comes home again, on better judgement making.
我曾经有过你,像一场阿谀的迷梦,
Thus have I had thee as a dream doth flatter,
我在那梦里称了王,醒来一场空。
In sleep a king, but waking no such matter.