那人却是智多星吴学究。
The man who seized Gongsun Sheng was Wu Yong the Wizard.
两个叙礼罢,吴用道:“江湖上久闻人说入云龙公孙胜一清大名,不期今日此处得会。”
The two exchanged bows. “I have long known the fame of Gongsun Sheng among gallant men,” said Wu Yong. “I didn't expect to have the pleasure of meeting you today.”
晁盖道:“这位秀士先生,便是智多星吴学究。”
“This savant is called Wu Yong the Wizard,” said Chao Gai.
公孙胜道:“吾闻江湖上多人曾说加亮先生大名,岂知缘法却在保正庄上得会贤契。
“In the chivalrous fraternity many have spoken of your illustrious name,” said Gongsun. “Who would have thought I'd have the good fortune to meet you here in the ward chief's manor!
晁盖道:“再有几位相识在里面,一发请进后堂深处见。”
“There are a few others inside I'd like you to meet,” said Chao Gai. “Please come with me to the rear room. ”
三个人入到里面,就与刘唐、三阮都相见了。
The three went in and the ward chief presented Liu Tang and the three Ruan brothers to Gongsun Sheng.
众人道:“今日此一会,应非偶然。
“This encounter cannot be an accident,” they said.
须请保正哥哥正面而坐。”
“Please, brother Chao, sit at the head of the table.”
吴用道:“保正哥哥,依着小生且请坐了。”
“Please, brother,” said Wu Yong, “be guided by me.
You're the eldest among us.
You must take that seat. ”
晁盖只得坐了第一位。
Only then did Chao Gai consent to sit in the first place.
吴用坐了第二位,公孙胜坐了第三位,刘唐坐了第四位,阮小二坐了第五位,阮小五坐第六位,阮小七坐第七位。
Wu Yong was seated second, Gongsun third, Liu Tang fourth, Ruan the Second fifth, Ruan the Fifth sixth, and Ruan the Seventh seventh.
却才聚义饮酒,重整杯盘,再备酒肴。
They drank together to celebrate their meeting, then the table was re?laid, and more wine and tidbits were served,
众人饮酌。
and once more they drank.
吴用道:“保正梦见北斗七星坠在屋脊上,今日我等七人聚义举事,岂不应天垂象。
“The ward chief has dreamt that the seven stars of the Big Dipper settled on the ridge of his roof, and now we seven, with the same righteous purpose in mind, encounter each other here today,” said Wu Yong. “Surely that is an omen from Heaven.
此一套富贵,唾手而取。
We can take the precious convoy easily.
前日所说央刘兄长去探听路程从那里来,今日天晚,来早便请登程。”
I suggest that brother Liu Tang find out which route the convoy will follow.
It's too late today, but would he please set out early tomorrow?”
只是黄泥冈大路上来。”
It's coming by way of the big road over Yellow Earth Ridge.”
晁盖道:“黄泥冈东十里路,地名安乐村,有一个闲汉,叫做白日鼠白胜,也曾来投奔我,我曾赍助他盘缠。”
“Ten li east of there is the village of Anlo,” said Chao Gai. “In Anlo lives an idler named Bai Sheng, better known as the Daylight Rat.
He once sought me out, and I helped him with a little money.”
吴用道:“北斗上白光,莫不是应在这人?
“The Big Dipper gives off a white light.
It must mean that man,” said Wu Yong.
吴用道:“只这个白胜家,便是我们安身处。
“At Bai Sheng's place,” said Wu Yong. “We'll be safe there.
亦还要用了白胜。”
And we'll have other uses for him as well.”
只看他来的光景。
It all depends on how the convoy reacts.
我有一条计策,不知中你们意否?
I have a plan, but I don't know whether you will approve. ”
不枉了称你做智多星,果然赛过诸葛亮。
No wonder they call you the Wizard.
You're better than Zhuge Liang.