余七歲時,見眉州老尼,姓朱,忘其名,年九十歲。自言嘗隨其
Your jade-like bones and ice-like skin
師入蜀主孟昶宮中。一日大熱,蜀主與花蘊夫人夜納涼摩訶池上,作
Are naturally sweatless, fresh and cool.
一詞。朱具能記之。今四十年,朱已死久矣,人無知此詞者。但記其
The breeze brings the unperceivable fragrance in
首兩句。暇日尋味,豈洞仙歌令乎?乃為足之云。
And fills the bower by the pool.
冰肌玉骨,
The embroidered screen rolled up lets in
自清涼無汗。
A bright spot of a moon which peeps at you there
水殿風來暗香滿。
Leaning on the pillow, not asleep, a hairpin
綉帘開、一點明月窺人。
Across your dishevelled hair.
人未寢,
We two rise hand in hand,
欹枕釵橫鬢亂。
Silent in the courtyard we stand.
起來攜素手,
At times we see shooting stars stray
庭戶無聲,
Across the Milky Way.
時見疏星渡河漢。
How old has night become?
試問夜如何?
The watchmen thrice have beaten the drum.
夜已三更,
How old has night become? / The watchmen thrice have beaten the drum.