当我实在饥肠咕噜忍不住要吃我那死去的战友的肉的时候
As I was tempted to eat the rotten flesh of my comrade,
上帝给我以安慰
he gave me comfort.
我们过去一同掠夺村庄偷鸡、偷羊
We used to raid villages, stealing chickens, goats and sheeps,
寻找任何可以填铇肚子的食物
anything we could eat.
我知道这么做很粗暴,但是我非常需要食物
I knew it was rude, but we needed food.
因此,我被迫犯罪而犯罪,却仅是为了填饱肚子
And therefore I was forced to sin, forced to sin to make a living,
为了填饱肚子而去犯罪
forced to sin to make a living.
有时候,你需要失去才能取胜
Sometimes you gotta lose to win.
不要放弃,不要低头
Never give up.
Never give in.
七岁即离家
Left home at the age of seven.
之后一年,伴随着AK-47,我度过了军营生活
One year later, live with an AK-47 by my side.
每晚睡觉都只眼闭只眼开
Slept with one eye open wide.
我得准备着逃跑、躲避、装死或隐匿
Run, duck, play dead and hide.
我亲眼看到我的同胞在战争中死去
I've seen my people die like flies.
但未曾看到死去的敌人
But I've never seen a dead body,
至少没有见过我杀死的人的尸体
at least one that I've killed.
在徘徊中,我也不会沉沦
But still as I wonder, I won't go under.
枪声如闪电惊雷一般在我的耳边响起
Guns barking like lightning and thunder.
我那时还很年轻,很无知
As a child so young and tender,
一些话语我至今铭记心中
Words I can't forget I still remember.
我看到司令举起他的手
I saw sergeant command raising his hand,
暗示:不要退却,不要投降
no retreat, no surrender.
我就活在一出灾难戏剧当中
I carry the banner of the trauma.
我是一个没有妈妈的战时儿童
War child, child without a mama,