这似乎太令人畏缩,太危险以至于没有一个公司可以实现。
It seems too daunting, too dangerous, for any company to take on.
但是仍然有一些公司实现了。
But there are companies.
我们拥有4000个成员公司。
We have 4,000 companies who are members.
一些是非常非常大的公司。
Some of them are very, very large companies.
特别是运动商品公司已经提前完成了。
The sporting goods industry, in particular, stepped up to the plate and have done it.
角色模型就是一个例子。
The example, the role model, is there.
当我们讨论必须面对的问题之一—印度棉籽农场中的童工—今年我们跟踪了印度的5万家棉籽农场。
And whenever we discuss one of these problems that we have to address — child labor in cottonseed farms in India — this year we will monitor 50,000 cottonseed farms in India.
这似乎大得惊人。
It seems overwhelming.
这个数字似乎让人想出局。
The numbers just make you want to zone out.
但是我们逐项列出一些基本的现实情况。
But we break it down to some basic realities.
人权是非常简单的主张:我能否归还他们的尊严?
And human rights comes down to a very simple proposition: can I give this person their dignity back?
穷人,被侵害人权的人们—他们的症结是失去尊严,缺乏尊严。
Poor people, people whose human rights have been violated — the crux of that is the loss of dignity, the lack of dignity.
刚开始是归还他们的尊严。
It starts with just giving people back their dignity.
我坐在Gurgaon的贫民窟外,在德里(印度城市)旁边,一个快速繁荣的新城市现在正在印度崛起,我和一些工人聊天。
I was sitting in a slum outside Gurgaon just next to Delhi, one of the flashiest, brightest new cities popping up in India right now, and I was talking to workers who worked in garment sweatshops down the road, and I asked them what message they would like me to take to the brands.
他们为地下制衣血汗工厂工作。
They didn't say money.
我问他们希望带给品牌商什么讯息。
They said, "The people who employ us treat us like we are less than human, like we don't exist.
他们没有提到钱;他们说,“那些雇主进行非人的虐待,似乎我们劳工根本不存在。
Please ask them to treat us like human beings."
请告诉他们,进行常人的对待。”
That's my simple understanding of human rights.
这是我对人权的简单理解。
That's my simple proposition to you, my simple plea to every decision-maker in this room, everybody out there.
那是我的简单主张,对每个决议制定者的简单请求,在场的人,以及外面的每个人。
We can all make a decision to come together and pick up the balls and run with the balls that governments have dropped.
我们可以一起做出决定,捡起球,跟随着那个政府丢掉的球。
If we don't do it, we're abandoning hope, we're abandoning our essential humanity, and I know that's not a place we want to be, and we don't have to be there.
如果我们不做,我们就放弃了希望,放弃了基本的人性,我知道那不是我们想要的,我们没必要到那个地步。
So I appeal to you.
因此我呼吁大家,加入我们,来到安全的地方,让我们为此开始努力。
Join us, come into that safe space, and let's start to make this happen.
现今世界上有10亿人不能享受全年畅通的道路。
One billion people in the world today do not have access to all-season roads.