我有希望,但是希望本身并不够。
I had hope, but hope by itself is not enough.
一路上许多人帮助我到这里来。
Many people helped me along the way to get here.
朝鲜人在为生存而奋战。
North Koreans are fighting hard to survive.
他们不得不强迫自己去存活下来,有生存的希望,但是如果没有帮助那是无法实现的。
They have to force themselves to survive, have hope to survive, but they cannot make it without help.
这就是我给大家的信息。
This is my message to you.
给自己希望,但还要互相帮助。
Have hope for yourself, but also help each other.
生活可以难为每一个人,无论你住在哪。
Life can be hard for everyone, wherever you live.
我的养父当时没想要改变我的人生。
My foster father didn't intend to change my life.
同样,你也可以通过一点小小的施爱改变某个人的一生。
In the same way, you may also change someone's life with even the smallest act of love.
一片面包可以填饱肚子,拥有希望可以给你带来面包让你继续活下去。
A piece of bread can satisfy your hunger, and having the hope will bring you bread to keep you alive.
但是我信心十足地相信您的爱和帮助也可以拯救另一个约瑟(演讲人的姓名)的生命而且改变成千上万的约瑟那些仍有希望生存的约瑟。
But I confidently believe that your act of love and caring can also save another Joseph's life and change thousands of other Josephs who are still having hope to survive.
(鼓掌声)
(Applause)
AdiranHong(主持人):约瑟,谢谢你跟大家分享非常私人的而且特别的故事。
Adrian Hong: Joseph, thank you for sharing that very personal and special story with us.
我知道你一直没有见到你的姐姐,你说的,差不多有整十年了,而且也许赶巧她会正在观看这个节目,我们想给你一个机会向姐姐说几句。
I know you haven't seen your sister for, you said, it was almost exactly a decade, and in the off chance that she may be able to see this, we wanted to give you an opportunity to send her a message.
JosephKim(演讲者):用朝语吗?
Joseph Kim: In Korean?
AH:你可以用英语,然后用朝语。
AH: You can do English, then Korean as well.
JK:好的。
JK: Okay, I'm not going to make it any longer in Korean because I don't think I can make it without tearing up.
我觉得用朝语的话我可能不会说很长因为一说眼泪就会哗哗地。
JK: Okay, I'm not going to make it any longer in Korean because I don't think I can make it without tearing up.
努妠,已经有10年没有见到你了。
Nuna, it has been already 10 years that I haven’t seen you.
我只是想说我想你,我爱你,求求你一定来我这,而且一定要活着。
I just wanted to say that I miss you, and I love you, and please come back to me and stay alive.
而且我-哦,天呐。
And I — oh, gosh.
我仍然没有放弃看到你的希望。
I still haven't given up my hope to see you.
我会幸福地活着好好学习直到我看到你,而且我保证不会再哭。
I will live my life happily and study hard until I see you, and I promise I will not cry again.
是的,我只是期待再见到你,如果你找不到我,我会找你,我希望有一天会见到你。
Yes, I'm just looking forward to seeing you, and if you can't find me, I will also look for you, and I hope to see you one day.