但是,阿拉伯语以及拉丁语不仅仅代表了不同的世界,而且时刻都在为东方和西方的群体设置技术性障碍。
However, the Arabic and Latin scripts do not only represent different worlds but also create technical difficulties for both Eastern and Western communities on a daily basis.
为何阿拉伯语和拉丁语系如此不同,有许多原因,这只是其中主要的一些。
There are so many reasons why Arabic and Latin are different, but here are some of the main ones.
是的,两者都用了上行和下行的笔锋,但有着完全不同的基线。
Yes, both use upward and downward strokes, but have completely different baselines.
阿拉伯语更加注重书写,连接性对这一语言很重要,字母大都连在一起,以表达某个词语。
Arabic tends to be more calligraphic and connectivity is important to the Arabic language, whose letters have to be mostly joined in order to articulate a given word.
它还使用了一套截然不同的停顿和变音符号系统。
It also uses an entirely different system of punctuation and diacritics.
但最重要的是,阿拉伯语没有大写字母。
But most importantly, Arabic has no capital letters.
它有四种不同的字母形式:首字母、中间字母、尾字母和独立字母。
Instead it has four different letter forms: initial, medial, isolated and final.
我想将阿拉伯语介绍给年轻的学习者和外国人,但更重要的是,通过构建双语学习系统帮助难民融入他们的接收国,即建立一种双向的交流。
I want to introduce the Arabic language to young learners, foreign speakers, but most importantly help refugees integrate to their host societies through creating a bilingual learning system, a two-way flow of communication.
我称之为“Let'sPlay”(“一起玩耍”)。
And I called it "Let's Play."
其背后的想法是,通过乐高构建一种有趣且引人入胜的学习现代标准阿拉伯语的手段。
The idea is to simply create a fun and engaging way of learning Modern Standard Arabic through LEGO.
这就是阿拉伯语中的“Let'sPlay”。
These are the two words. "Let's Play."
每个彩色条都表示一个阿拉伯字母。
Every colored bar marks an Arabic letter.
你可以看到,字母通过形状、声音、以及在例子中的运用被诠释出来,还有拉丁语系的翻译。
As you can see, the letter is explained in form, sound and examples of words in function, in addition to the equivalent in Latin.
这一同组成了一本有趣的口袋书,其中包括29个阿拉伯字母以及它们的四种形式,还有包含四百个词语的字典。
Together, they form a fun pocket book with the 29 Arabic letters and the four different forms, plus a 400-word dictionary.
页面看上去是这样的。
So this is how the page looks like.
包含字母,拉丁语种的翻译,以及下方的解释。
You have the letter, the transliteration in Latin and the description underneath.
下面我来解释一下我是怎么做的。
I'll take you through the process.
一开始我在佛罗伦萨的小单间里,构建了这些字母。
So first in my tiny studio in Florence, I built the letters.
我给每个字母单独拍照,然后给每个字母润色,并选择合适的背景颜色,以及将使用的字体。
I photographed each letter separately, and then I retouched every letter and chose the correct color background and typefaces to use.
最终,我完成了一整套字母,即29个字母乘上四种不同的形式。
Ultimately, I created the full letter set, which is 29 letters times four different forms.
一周之内,我完成了116个字母的设计。
That's 116 letters build just in one week.
我相信这种知识应该并且可以变得有趣,便于携带。
I believe that information should and can be fun, portable.
这本书就是最后的成品,我希望最终可以出版,并可以被翻译成世界上的多种语言,这样阿拉伯语教学和学习就可以在全球范围内变得有趣、简单且无障碍。
This book is the final product, which I would eventually like to publish and translate into as many languages in the world, so that Arabic teaching and learning becomes fun, easy and accessible globally.
通过这本书,我希望能够拯救祖国的美丽文字。
With this book, I hope to save my nation's beautiful script.