从这个强力深蹲看得出,我是一个很自信的小孩这是有原因的。
You can tell by the power squat, I was a very confident boy — and not without reason.
我当时一个很迷人的惯例就是等到夜深人静时,当我父母在熬完了一天的辛苦工作之后在做填字游戏、看电视的时候。
I had a very charming routine at the time, which was to wait until late in the evening when my parents were decompressing from a hard day's work, doing their crossword puzzles, watching television.
我会冲进客厅,跳上沙发,撕开靠垫,把它们摔到地上,用尽全力地尖叫,然后跑出去因为我是绿巨人。
I would run into the living room, jump up on the couch, rip the cushions off, throw them on the floor, scream at the top of my lungs and run out because I was the Incredible Hulk.
你能明显地看出相似之处来。
Obviously, you see the resemblance.
这个惯例持续了一段时间。
And this routine went on for some time.
七岁的时候,我参加了夏令营。
When I was seven I went to summer camp.
我父母觉得这对他们的内心平静非常必要。
My parents found it necessary for peace of mind.
每天中午,参加夏令营的孩子都会去到湖边湖边有浮动船坞。
And at noon each day the campers would go to a pond, where they had floating docks.
你能从船坞尽头跳进湖的深处。
You could jump off the end into the deep end.
我是早产儿。
I was born premature.
I was always very small.
我一直个子很小。
I was born premature.
I was always very small.
从出生起,我的左肺就闭合了。
My left lung had collapsed when I was born.
因此我身体的浮力一向不好。
And I've always had buoyancy problems.
我开始时很害怕下水,不过偶尔也会尝试。
So water was something that scared me to begin with.
有一天,孩子们玩起了跳救生圈游戏。
But I would go in on occasion.
他们跳进水上的救生圈,潜到水里。
And on one particular day, the campers were jumping through inner tubes, They were diving through inner tubes.
And I thought this would be great fun.
我觉得这很有趣。
And on one particular day, the campers were jumping through inner tubes, They were diving through inner tubes.
And I thought this would be great fun.
于是我穿过救生圈潜进水里,这时夏令营里的一个坏孩子抓住了我的脚踝。
So I dove through the inner tube, and the bully of the camp grabbed my ankles.
我想出水换气,但后背被救生圈底部顶住了。
And I tried to come up for air, and my lower back hit the bottom of the inner tube.
我慌得不行,以为自己要完蛋了。
And I went wild eyed and thought I was going to die.
一个夏令营指导员凑巧经过,拉开了我们。
A camp counselor fortunately came over and separated us.
从那时起,我对游泳产生了恐惧。
From that point onward I was terrified of swimming.
我一直没能克服它。
That is something that I did not get over.
身为旱鸭子一直是最令我不堪和尴尬的事情之一。
My inability to swim has been one of my greatest humiliations and embarrassments.