这不是一个应用程序,也不是一个公司。
It's not an app.
我觉得最接近的描述应该像是维基百科。
It's not a company.
我们在维基百科上能看到每样东西,它是不断变化和更新的复合面貌。
I think it's closest in description to something like Wikipedia.
我们也可以在维基百科上实时跟踪这些变化,我们也可以创建我们自己的维基。
We can see everything on Wikipedia.
因为他们的核心,只是数据的基础架构。
It's a composite view that's constantly changing and being updated.
维基百科是一个开放的平台,储存着文字和图片,以及随时间更新的数据。
We can also track those changes over time on Wikipedia, and we can create our own wikis, because at their core, they're just a data infrastructure.
“区块链”,你也可以把它当成一个开放的基础设施架构,上面储存着各种各样的资产。
On Wikipedia, it's an open platform that stores words and images and the changes to that data over time.
它存储了资产的履历,包含资产的管理者、拥有者和地点等变动信息。
On the blockchain, you can think of it as an open infrastructure that stores many kinds of assets.
这些资产包括像比特币那样的资产,以及其他数字资产,比如一个网络IP的所有权。
It stores the history of custodianship, ownership and location for assets like the digital currency Bitcoin, other digital assets like a title of ownership of IP.
它可以是一个证书、一个合同,现实世界的物件,甚至是个人的身份信息。
It could be a certificate, a contract, real world objects, even personal identifiable information.
当然“区块链”还有其他的技术细节,但它的核心是这样运作的。
There are of course other technical details to the blockchain, but at its core, that's how it works.
它是公开的记录系统,存储着该网络的所有交易记录,而且它可以复制到网络中的每台电脑,因此它非常安全,很难被篡改。
It's this public registry that stores transactions in a network and is replicated so that it's very secure and hard to tamper with.
这就引申出我要说的重点,”区块链“可以如何降低”不确定性“,以及他们如何因此彻底地改变我们的经济体系。
Which brings me to my point of how blockchains lower uncertainty and how they therefore promise to transform our economic systems in radical ways.
“不确定性”在经济上,似乎是一个大术语,但是我想通过三个方面来介绍我们日常交易中几乎都会遇到的不确定性问题,以及”区域块“在这些问题中可以扮演的角色。
So uncertainty is kind of a big term in economics, but I want to go through three forms of it that we face in almost all of our everyday transactions, where blockchains can play a role.
我们面对的不确定性例如:我们不知在跟谁交易,交易过程不透明,还有如果出现问题我们不知如何求助。
We face uncertainties like not knowing who we're dealing with, not having visibility into a transaction and not having recourse if things go wrong.
那么我们来先谈谈第一条,不知在跟谁交易。
So let's take the first example, not knowing who we're dealing with.
比如说我想在易趣上买个二手手机,我要做的第一件事就是确认我要跟谁买。
Say I want to buy a used smartphone on eBay.
他们是超级用户吗?
The first thing I'm going to do is look up who I'm buying from.
他们有收到好评吗?
Are they a power user?
还是说根本没有他们的介绍?
Do they have great reviews and ratings, or do they have no profile at all?
评价,打分,核查标记:这些是我们今天用来拼凑对方身份信息的证据,这些信息用来降低对方身份的不确定性。
Reviews, ratings, checkmarks: these are the attestations about our identities that we cobble together today and use to lower uncertainty about who we're dealing with.
但问题是这些信息非常零碎,想想你个人就有多少份简介。
But the problem is they're very fragmented.
”区块链“可以让我们创建一个开放的、全球的平台,可以存储来自任何来源的个人身份证明信息。
Think about how many profiles you have.
这样,我们创建了一个用户控制的便携的身份证明。
Blockchains allow for us to create an open, global platform on which to store any attestation about any individual from any source.