直到午夜,接着再次入睡,大约从凌晨2点直到日出。
until midnight and then again, they sleep from about 2:00 a.m. until sunrise.
在这两次睡眠之间,有几个小时在床上安静的沉思。
And in-between, they have a couple of hours of sort of meditative quiet in bed.
在这段时间内,催乳素产生这样的情况在现代社会不会出现。
And during this time, there's a surge of prolactin, the likes of which a modern day never sees.
这些研究中的人们在白天觉得很清醒,他们意识到正在经历生命中的第一次真正的失眠。
The people in these studies report feeling so awake during the daytime, that they realize they're experiencing true wakefulness for the first time in their lives.
那么,转到现代社会。
So, cut to the modern day.
我们的文化中充满时差,全球旅行,24小时营业,倒班工作。
We're living in a culture of jet lag, global travel, 24-hour business, shift work.
你知道,我们现代人的这种生活方式有它的优点,但我想我们应该明白所付出的代价。
And you know, our modern ways of doing things have their advantages, but I believe we should understand the costs.
“我要”
"What I Will"
我不会因你的战鼓而起舞。
I will not dance to your war drum.
我不会因你的战鼓而出借我的灵魂或身躯。
I will not lend my soul nor my bones to your war drum.
我不会踩着那鼓点起舞。
I will not dance to that beating.
我知道那鼓点。
I know that beat.
它死气沉沉。
It is lifeless.
我深知你击打的鼓皮。
I know intimately that skin you are hitting.
它曾经充满生气,被猎杀,被偷窃,被绷紧。
It was alive once, hunted, stolen, stretched.
我不会因你鼓声四起的战争而起舞。
I will not dance to your drummed-up war.
我不会为你跃起、旋转或停顿。
I will not pop, spin, break for you.
我不会因你而恨,也不会恨你。
I will not hate for you or even hate you.
我不会为你而杀戮。
I will not kill for you.
我尤其不会为你而死。
Especially I will not die for you.
我不会以谋杀或自杀来悼念死者。
I will not mourn the dead with murder nor suicide.
我不会与你同流合污,也不会随炸弹起舞,因为每个人都在跳舞。
I will not side with you or dance to bombs because everyone is dancing.
每个人都会错。
Everyone can be wrong.
生命是种权力,不是附属品,不是随随便便的。
Life is a right, not collateral or casual.