我的中心意思是,中央要有权威。
The main point I want to make is that the central leadership must have authority.
改革要成功,就必须有领导有秩序地进行。
The reform can be successful only if it is conducted under proper leadership and in an orderly fashion.
没有这一条,就是乱哄哄,各行其是,怎么行呢?
Otherwise, everything will be in a mess, with everyone going his own way.How can we allow that?
For several years now I have been objecting to the attitude ``You may have your policy, but I have my counterpolicy.” There shouldn't be any counterpolicies.
不能搞“你有政策我有对策”,不能搞违背中央政策的“对策”,这话讲了几年了。
Otherwise, everything will be in a mess, with everyone going his own way.How can we allow that?
For several years now I have been objecting to the attitude ``You may have your policy, but I have my counterpolicy.” There shouldn't be any counterpolicies.
党中央、国务院没有权威,局势就控制不住。
If the Central Committee and the State Council have no authority, the situation will get out of control.
我赞成边改革、边治理环境整顿秩序。
I think that while we are carrying out the reform we have to improve the economic environment and rectify the economic order.
要创造良好的环境,使改革能够顺利进行。
We have to create a favourable environment so that the reform will go smoothly.
中央定了措施,各地各部门就要坚决执行,不但要迅速,而且要很有力,否则就治理不下来。
Once the central leadership has decided on a measure, all local governments and departments must apply it, not only promptly but effectively.
Otherwise, we shall not be able to improve the economic environment.
现在的局面看起来好像很乱,出现了这样那样的问题,如通货膨胀、物价上涨,需要进行调整,这是不可少的。
Right now things don't seem in good order.
There are all kinds of problems, such as inflation and price rises, so some adjustments have to be made.
但是,治理通货膨胀、价格上涨,无论如何不能损害我们的改革开放政策,不能使经济萎缩,要保持适当的发展速度。
Nevertheless, in our effort to stem inflation and keep prices down, we must on no account jeopardize the policies of reform and opening up or cause the economy to contract.We have to maintain a proper rate of growth.
现在出现的这些问题是能解决的,我们有信心。
We are confident that we can solve the problems that have arisen.
沿海地区要加快对外开放,使这个拥有两亿人口的广大地带较快地先发展起来,从而带动内地更好地发展,这是一个事关大局的问题。
The coastal areas, which comprise a vast region with a population of 200 million, should accelerate their opening to the outside world, and we should help them develop rapidly first; afterwards they can promote the development of the interior.
The development of the coastal areas is of overriding importance,
内地要顾全这个大局。
and the interior provinces should subordinate themselves to it.
反过来,发展到一定的时候,又要求沿海拿出更多力量来帮助内地发展,这也是个大局。
When the coastal areas have developed to a certain extent, they will be required to give still more help to the interior.
Then, the development of the interior provinces will be of overriding importance,
那时沿海也要服从这个大局。
and the coastal areas will in turn have to subordinate themselves to it.
这一切,如果没有中央的权威,就办不到。
If the Central Committee and the State Council have no authority, none of this could be done.
各顾各,相互打架,相互拆台,统一不起来。
Each region would act only in its own interest without any coordination, counteracting the efforts of the others.
谁能统一?
Who can coordinate their efforts?
Only the central leadership --
中央!
Who can coordinate their efforts?
Only the central leadership --
中央就是党中央、国务院。
by which I mean the Central Committee and the State Council.
不仅是价格一个方面的改革,而且是多方面的、综合的改革。
By reform I mean not just reform of prices but comprehensive reform in all other areas too.
只有多方面的、综合的改革,才能为价格改革创造条件。
Only through the latter can we create the conditions for the former.
当然,真正建立秩序,不理顺价格不行。
Of course, to rectify the economic order, we must straighten out the price system.
价格没有理顺,就谈不上经济改革的真正成功。
Without a rational price system, there will be no possibility of truly successful economic reform.