山林隐遁栖。
The wooded hills are where the hermits roam.
朱门何足荣?
The noble mansions are of no account;
未若托蓬莱。
I’d rather live alone on Penglai
临源挹清波,
Mount.
陵冈掇丹羹。
I’ll scoop clear waters when
灵溪可潜盘,
I reach the rill;
安事登云梯?
I’ll pick magic herb when
进则保龙见,
I climb the hill.
退为触藩瓶。
Since there is a sacred place near at hand,
高蹈风尘外,
I have no need to seek immortal land.
长揖谢夷齐。
Master Zhuangzi lived a hermit's life;
不如托身蓬莱仙山超乎尘世。
Master Laolai retired with his dear wife.
又何必一心想攀登仙梯?
I may climb the social ladder if