还没有任何超凡的神圣引导
Nothing unearthly has enticed my brain
我的心进入得尔菲迷宫,我就要
Into a delphic labyrinth. I would fain
抓住那一闪不 朽的思想来偿还
Catch an immortal thought to pay the debt
我欠这温和诗人的债务,他已然
I owe to the kind poet who has set
把光荣戴上我壮志凌云的额角。
Upon my ambitious head a glorious gain.
这简直是一种痛苦:当我意识到
Two bending laurel sprigs—'tis nearly pain
头上有冠冕——这两条桂枝弯弯。
To be conscious of such a coronet.
光阴依然在飞驰,梦却绝不似
Still time is fleeting, and no dream arises
我想的那样辉煌—一我只是看到
Gorgeous as I would have it; only I see
世人最珍视的头巾和王冠,以及
A trampling down of what the world most prizes,
绝对的王权,都被一一踏倒;
Turbans and crowns and blank regality—
于是我立即产生狂热的猜疑——
And then I run into most wild surmises
困惑于这一切可能存在的荣耀。
Of all the many glories that may be.