给我上一堂课吧,请你高声讲!
Upon the top of Nevis, blind in mist!
我下窥巨壑,只见氤氲的烟岚
I look into the chasms, and a shroud
覆盖着深谷,我知道这样子正像
Vaporous doth hide them; just so much I wist
人类心中的地狱;我仰望上面,
Mankind do know of hell; I look o'erhead,
上面是愁云惨雾,人类对天堂
And there is sullen mist, even so much
描述的也就是这样;尘雾正布满
Mankind can tell of heaven; mist is spread
在我下面的大地之上,像这样——
Before the earth beneath me; even such,
人看自己也像是这样地蒙眬!
Even so vague is man's sight of himself!
这里,我的脚下是嶙峋的山石,
Here are the craggy stones beneath my feet—
我知道,像个可怜、愚笨的精灵,
Thus much I know, that, a poor witless elf,
我踩着石头,我见到的一切仅仅是
I tread on them, that all my eye doth meet
迷雾和巉岩,不但在这座山峰上,
Is mist and crag, not only on this height,
在思想和智力的天地里也是一样!
But in the world of thought and mental might.