你用细心而慈祥的手指合上
Shutting with careful fingers and benign
喜爱蒙眬的眼睛,遮住光色,
Our gloom-pleased eyes, embowered from the light,
让眼睛荫蔽在神圣的遗忘之乡;
Enshaded in forgetfulness divine:
酣甜的睡眠呵!如果你乐意,就请在
O soothest Sleep! If so it please thee, close,
你歌赞的中途 ,合上我甘愿的两眼,
In midst of this thine hymn, my willing eyes,
要不就等到“阿门”之后,你来
Or wait the 'Amen', ere thy poppy throws
把罂粟催眠的好意洒到我床边;
Around my bed its lulling charities.
然后请救我,否则逝去的日光
Then save me, or the passed day will shine
会照到我枕上,引起一串串悲哀;
Upon my pillow, breeding many woes;
请救我摆脱生性的好奇,这好奇
Save me from curious conscience, that still hoards
依然有力气向黑暗钻进,像鼹鼠;
Its strength for darkness, burrowing like a mole;
请在润滑的锁孔里巧转钥匙,
Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards,
把装着我的魂魄的灵棺封住。
And seal the hushed casket of my soul.