瑜曰:“刘备屯兵油江,必有取南郡之意。
"Because," replied Zhou Yu, "camping at the mouth of River You means that he has the intention of taking Nanjun.
我等费了许多军马,用了许多钱粮,目下南郡反手可得;彼等心怀不仁,要就现成,――须放着周瑜不死!”
Having spent much military energy and spared no expenditure, we thought the territory should fall to us easily.
Those others are opposed to us, and they wish to get the advantage of what we have already accomplished.
However, they must remember that I am not dead yet."
肃曰:“当用何策退之?”
"How can you prevent them?"asked Lu Su.
瑜曰:“吾自去和他说话。
"I will go myself and speak with them.
好便好;不好时,不等他取南郡,先结果了刘备!”
If all goes well, then, let it be so.
In case it does not, then I shall immediately settle up with Liu Bei without waiting for Nanjun to be taken."
于是瑜与鲁肃引三千轻骑,径投油江口来。
The General and his friend started, taking with them a guard of three thousand light horse.
Having arrived at Youkou,
先说孙乾回见玄德,言周瑜将亲来相谢。
they sought out Sun Qian, who, in turn, went in to see Liu Bei and told him Zhou Yu had come to render thanks.
遂于油江口摆开战船,岸上列着军马。
Then they drew up the warships in the river and ranged the soldiers upon the bank.
人报:“周瑜、鲁肃引兵到来。”
When the arrival of Zhou Yu was formally announced,
瑜见军势雄壮,心甚不安。
When Zhou Yu saw what bold soldiers they looked, he began to feel uncomfortable,
行至营门外,玄德、孔明迎入帐中。
but he went on his way.
Being met at the camp gates by Liu Bei and Zhuge Liang, he was taken in to the chief tent,
各叙礼毕,设宴相待。
where the ceremonies were performed and preparations for a banquet had been made.
玄德举酒致谢鏖兵之事。
Presently Liu Bei raised his cup in felicitation on the recent victory gained by his guest.
酒至数巡,瑜曰:“豫州移兵在此,莫非有取南郡之意否?”
The banquet proceeded.
After a few more courses Zhou Yu said, "Of course you are camped here with no other idea than to take Nanjun?”
玄德曰:“闻都督欲取南郡,故来相助。
Liu Bei said, "We heard you were going to take the place and came to assist.
若都督不取,备必取之。”
Should you not take it, then we will occupy it."
瑜笑曰:“吾东吴久欲吞并汉江,今南郡已在掌中,如何不取?”
Zhou Yu laughed, saying, "We of the South Land have long wished for this territory.
Now that it is within our grasp, we naturally shall take it."
玄德曰:“胜负不可预定。
Liu Bei said, "There is always some uncertainty.
曹操临归,令曹仁守南郡等处,必有奇计;更兼曹仁勇不可当:但恐都督不能取耳。”
Cao Cao left Cao Ren to guard the region, and you may be certain that there is good strategy behind Cao Ren, to say nothing of his boldness as a warrior.
I fear you may not get it."
瑜曰:“吾若取不得,那时任从公取。”
"Well, if we do not take it then, Sir, you may have it," said Zhou Yu.
曹仁大战东吴兵 孔明一气周公瑾
Cao Ren Fights The South Land's Troops;Zhuge Liang Angers Zhou Yu.
却说孔明欲斩云长,玄德曰:“昔吾三人结义时,誓同生死。
Guan Yu would have died there but for his elder brother, who said to Zhuge Liang, "We three pledged ourselves to live and die together.
今云长虽犯法,不忍违却前盟。
Although my brother Guan Yu has offended, I cannot bear to break our oath.
望权记过,容将功赎罪。”
1I hope you will only record this against him and let him atone later for the fault by some specially meritorious service."