美丽的形象刻画在我的心版上;
Thy beauty's form in table of my heart;
围在四周的画框是我的躯体,
My body is the frame wherein 'tis held,
也是透视法,高明画师的专长。
And perspective it is best painter's art,
你必须透过画师去看他的绝技,
For through the painter must you see his skill,
找你的真像被画在什么地方,
To find where your true image pictured lies,
那画像永远挂在我胸膛的店里,
Which in my bosom's shop is hanging still,
店就有你的眼睛做两扇明窗。
That hath his windows glazed with thine eyes.
看眼睛跟眼睛相帮了多大的忙:
Now see what good turns eyes for eyes have done:
我的眼睛画下了你的形体,
Mine eyes have drawn thy shape, and thine for me
你的眼睛给我的胸膛开了窗,
Are windows to my breast, wherethrough the sun
太阳也爱探头到窗口来看你;
Delights to peep, to gaze therein on thee.
我眼睛还缺乏画骨传神的本领,
Yet eyes this cunning want to grace their art,
只会见什么画什么,不了解心灵。
They draw but what they see, know not the heart.