召唤到我这温柔的沉思的公堂,
I summon up remembrance of things past,
为没有求得的许多事物叹息,
I sigh the lack of many a thing I sought,
再度因时间摧毁了好宝贝而哀伤:
And with old woes new wail my dear Time's waste.
于是我久干的眼睛又泪如泉涌,
Then can I drown an eye, unused to flow,
为的是好友们长眠在死的长夜里,
For precious friends hid in death's dateless night,
我重新为爱的早已消去的苦痛
And weep afresh love's long since canceled woe,
和多少逝去的情景而落泪,叹息。
And moan th' expense of many a vanished sight;
于是我为过去的悲哀再悲哀,
Then can I grieve at grievances foregone,
忧郁地数着一件件痛心的往事,
And heavily from woe to woe tell o'er
把多少叹过的叹息计算出来,
The sad account of fore-bemoaned moan,
像没有偿还的债务,再还一次。
Which I new pay as if not paid before.
但是,我只要一想到你呵,好伙伴,
But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
损失就挽回了,悲伤也烟消云散。
All losses are restored and sorrows end.