活跃于青春的事业,就兴高采烈,
To see his active child do deeds of youth,
我虽然受到最大厄运的残害,
So I, made lame by Fortune's dearest spite,
却也从你的真与德得到了慰藉;
Take all my comfort of thy worth and truth.
因为不论美、出身、财富,或智力,
For whether beauty, birth, or wealth, or wit,
或其中之一,或全部,或还不止,
Or any of these all, or all, or more,
都已经在你的身上登峰造极,
Entitled in their parts do crowned sit,
我就教我的爱接上这宝库的丫枝:
I make my love engrafted to this store.
既然我从你的丰盈获得了满足,
So then I am not lame, poor, nor despised
又凭着你全部光荣的一份而生活,
Whilst that this shadow doth such substance give
那么这想象的影子变成了实物,
That I in thy abundance am sufficed
我就不残废也不穷,再没人小看我。
And by a part of all thy glory live.
看种种极致,我希望你能够获得;
Look what is best, that best I wish in thee.
这希望实现了;所以我十倍地快乐!
This wish I have, then ten times happy me!