不过也可以说我爱她爱得挺热烈;
And yet it may be said I loved her dearly;
她把你占有了,才使我痛哭起来,
That she hath thee is of my wailing chief,
失去了这份爱,就教我更加悲切。
A loss in love that touches me more nearly.
爱的伤害者,我愿意原谅你们:——
Loving offenders, thus I will excuse ye:
你爱她,正因为你知道我对她有情;
Thou dost love her, because thou know'st I love her,
同样,她也是为了我而把我欺凌,
And for my sake even so doth she abuse me,
而容许我朋友为了我而跟她亲近。
Suff'ring my friend for my sake to approve her.
失去你,这损失是我的情人的获得,
If I lose thee, my loss is my love's gain,
失去她,我的朋友又找到了那损失;
And losing her, my friend hath found that loss:
你们互相占有了,我丢了两个,
Both find each other, and I lose both twain,
你们两个都为了我而给我大苦吃:
And both for my sake lay on me this cross.
但这儿乐了;我朋友跟我是一体;
But here's the joy: my friend and I are one;
她也就只爱我了;这好话真甜蜜!
Sweet flattery! Then she loves but me alone.