不论我待在哪里,都跟在你身旁;
Are both with thee, wherever I abide;
这些出席的缺席者,来去得灵活,
The first my thought, the other my desire,
风乃是我的思想,火,我的渴望。
These present-absent with swift motion slide.
只要这两个灵活的元素离开我
For when these quicker elements are gone
到你那儿去做温柔的爱的使者,
In tender embassy of love to thee,
我这四元素的生命,只剩了两个,
My life, being made of four, with two alone
就沉向死亡,因为被忧伤所压迫;
Sinks down to death, oppressed with melancholy;
两位飞行使者总会从你那儿
Until life's composition be recured
飞回来使我生命的结构复元,
By those swift messengers returned from thee,
甚至现在就回来,回到我这儿,
Who even but now come back again, assured
对我保证,说你没什么,挺康健:
Of thy fair health, recounting it to me.
我一听就乐了;可是快乐得不久,
This told, I joy, but then no longer glad,
我派遣他们再去,就马上又哀愁。
I send them back again, and straight grow sad.