规定双方轮流着给对方以便利:
And each doth good turns now unto the other.
一旦眼睛因不见你而饿得不行,
When that mine eye is famished for a look,
或者心为爱你而在悲叹中窒息,
Or heart in love with sighs himself doth smother,
我眼睛就马上大嚼你的肖像,
With my love's picture then my eye doth feast,
并邀请心来分享这彩画的饮宴;
And to the painted banquet bids my heart.
另一回,眼睛又做客到心的座上,
Another time mine eye is my heart's guest
去分享只有心才有的爱的思念:
And in his thoughts of love doth share a part.
于是,有了我的爱或你的肖像,
So, either by thy picture or my love,
远方的你就始终跟我在一起;
Thyself away are present still with me;
你不能去到我思想不去的地方,
For thou not farther than my thoughts canst move,
永远是我跟着思想,思想跟着你;
And I am still with them, and they with thee;
思想睡了,你肖像就走进我眼睛,
Or, if they sleep, thy picture in my sight
唤醒我的心,叫心跟眼睛都高兴。
Awakes my heart to heart's and eye's delight.