或者像大地渴望及时的甘霖;
Or as sweet-seasoned showers are to the ground;
为了你给我的安慰,我斗争,痛苦,
And for the peace of you I hold such strife
好像守财奴对他的财物不放心:
As 'twixt a miser and his wealth is found;
有时候是个享受者,挺骄傲,立刻——
Now proud as an enjoyer, and anon
又害怕老年把他的财物偷去;
Doubting the filching age will steal his treasure;
刚觉得跟你单独地相处最快乐,
Now counting best to be with you alone,
马上又希望世界能看见我欢愉:
Then bettered that the world may see my pleasure;
有时候我大嚼一顿,把你看个够,
Sometime all full with feasting on your sight,
不久又想看,因为我饿得厉害;
And by and by clean starved for a look;
任何欢乐我都不追求或占有,
Possessing or pursuing no delight
除了从你那儿得到的欢乐以外。
Save what is had or must from you be took.
我就这样子一天挨饿一天饱,
Thus do I pine and surfeit day by day,
不是没吃的,就是满桌的佳肴。
Or gluttoning on all, or all away.