没有转调,也没有急骤的变化?
So far from variation or quick change?
为什么我不学时髦,三心二意,
Why with the time do I not glance aside
去追求新奇的修辞,复合的章法?
To new-found methods and to compounds strange?
为什么我老写同样的主题,写不累,
Why write I still all one, ever the same,
又用著名的旧体裁来创制诗篇——
And keep invention in a noted weed,
差不多每个字都能说出我是谁,
That every word doth almost tell my name,
说出它们的出身和出发的地点?
Showing their birth, and where they did proceed?
亲爱的,你得知道我永远在写你,
O, know, sweet love, I always write of you,
我的主题是你和爱,永远不变;
And you and love are still my argument.
我要施展绝技从旧词出新意,
So all my best is dressing old words new,
把已经抒发的心意再抒发几遍:
Spending again what is already spent:
既然太阳每天有新旧的交替,
For as the sun is daily new and old,
我的爱也就永远把旧话重提。
So is my love still telling what is told.