“你才是你自己”这赞辞更丰美,更强?
Than this rich praise, that you alone are you,
在谁的身上保存着你的匹敌,
In whose confine immured is the store
如果这匹敌不在你自己身上?
Which should example where your equal grew?
一支笔假如不能够给他的人物
Lean penury within that pen doth dwell,
一点儿光彩,就显得十分枯涩;
That to his subject lends not some small glory,
但是,假如他描写起你来能说出
But he that writes of you, if he can tell
“你是你自己”,这作品就极为出色;
That you are you, so dignifies his story.
让他照抄你身上原有的文句,
Let him but copy what in you is writ,
不任意糟蹋造化的清新的手稿,
Not making worse what nature made so clear,
实录的肖像会使他艺名特具,
And such a counterpart shall fame his wit,
使他作品的风格到处受称道。
Making his style admired everywhere.
你把诅咒加上了你美妙的幸福,
You to your beauteous blessings add a curse,
爱受人称赞,那赞辞就因此粗俗。
Being fond on praise, which makes your praises worse.