我愿意阐释这种对我的侮辱:
And I will comment upon that offense.
说我拐腿,我愿意马上做跛子,
Speak of my lameness, and I straight will halt,
绝不反对你,来为我自己辩护。
Against thy reasons making no defense.
爱呵,你变了心肠却寻找口实,
Thou canst not, love, disgrace me half so ill,
这样侮辱我,远不如我侮辱自身
To set a form upon desired change,
来得厉害;我懂了你的意愿,
As I'll myself disgrace, knowing thy will,
就断绝和你的往来,装做陌路人;
I will acquaintance strangle and look strange;
不要再去散步了;你的芳名,
Be absent from thy walks, and in my tongue
也不必继续在我的舌头上居住;
Thy sweet beloved name no more shall dwell,
否则我(过于冒渎了)会对它不敬,
Lest I, too much profane, should do it wrong
说不定会把你我的旧谊说出。
And haply of our old acquaintance tell.
为了你呵,我发誓驳倒我自己,
For thee, against myself I'll vow debate,
你所憎恨的人,我决不爱惜。
For I must ne'er love him whom thou dost hate.