原是你决定着我的生命的期限;
For term of life thou art assured mine,
我的生命不会比你的爱更长久,
And life no longer than thy love will stay,
它原是靠着你的爱才苟延残喘。
For it depends upon that love of thine.
因此我无需害怕最大的厄运,
Then need I not to fear the worst of wrongs,
既然我能在最小的厄运中身亡。
When in the least of them my life hath end.
我想,与其靠你的任性而生存,
I see a better state to me belongs
倒不如一死能进入较好的境况。
Than that which on thy humor doth depend.
你反复无常也不能再来烦恼我,
Thou canst not vex me with inconstant mind,
我已让生命听你的背叛摆布。
Since that my life on thy revolt doth lie.
我得到真正幸福的权利了,哦,
O, what a happy title do I find,
幸福地获得你的爱,幸福地死去!
Happy to have thy love, happy to die!
但谁能这么幸福,不怕受蒙蔽?——
But what's so blessed-fair that fears no blot?
你可能变了心,而我还未曾知悉。
Thou mayst be false, and yet I know it not.