可是她拿出的却是怎样的贫乏!
That, having such a scope to show her pride,
那主题,在全然本色的时候要比
The argument all bare is of more worth
加上了我的赞美后价值更大。
Than when it hath my added praise beside.
假如我不能再写作,你别责备我!
O, blame me not if I no more can write!
朝镜子看吧,那儿有脸儿出现,
Look in your glass, and there appears a face
那脸儿大大胜过我愚拙的诗作,
That overgoes my blunt invention quite,
使我的诗句失色,尽丢我的脸。
Dulling my lines and doing me disgrace.
那么,去把原来是好好的东西
Were it not sinful then, striving to mend,
拚命补缀,毁坏,不就是犯罪?
To mar the subject that before was well?
我的诗本来就没有其他目的,
For to no other pass my verses tend
除了来述说你的天赋,你的美;
Than of your graces and your gifts to tell;
比之于我的诗中的一切描摹,
And more, much more, than in my verse can sit
镜子给你看到的东西多得多。
Your own glass shows you when you look in it.