这让我干有害事业的罪恶女神!
The guilty goddess of my harmful deeds,
除公共风习养育的公共方式外,
That did not better for my life provide
她不让我的生活有更好的前程。
Than public means which public manners breeds.
因此我名字只得把烙印承受,
Thence comes it that my name receives a brand,
我的天性也大体屈服于我所
And almost thence my nature is subdued
从事的职业了,好像染师的手:
To what it works in, like the dyer's hand.
那么,你该可怜我,巴望我复活;
Pity me then, and wish I were renewed,
而我像病人,心甘情愿地吞服
Whilst, like a willing patient, I will drink
醋药来驱除我身上严重的疫病;
Potions of eisel 'gainst my strong infection;
任何苦药我都不觉得它苦,
No bitterness that I will bitter think,
赎罪再赎罪,不当做两度苦行。
Nor double penance, to correct correction.
可怜我吧,爱友,我向你担保,
Pity me then, dear friend, and I assure ye
你对我怜悯就足以把我医好。
Even that your pity is enough to cure me.