刻在我额上的烙痕抹平而有余;
Which vulgar scandal stamped upon my brow;
既然你隐了我的恶,扬了我的善;
For what care I who calls me well or ill,
我何必再关心别人对我的毁誉?
So you o'er-green my bad, my good allow?
你是我的全世界,我必须努力
You are my all the world, and I must strive
从你的语言来了解对我的褒贬;
To know my shames and praises from your tongue;
别人看我或我看别人是死的,
None else to me, nor I to none alive,
没人能改正或改错我铁的观念。
That my steeled sense or changes right or wrong.
我把对人言可畏的吊胆提心
In so profound abysm I throw all care
全抛入万丈深渊,我的毒蛇感
Of others' voices, that my adder's sense
对一切诽谤和奉承都充耳不闻。
To critic and to flatterer stopped are.
请看我怎样开脱我这种怠慢:
Mark how with my neglect I do dispense:
你这样根深蒂固地生在我心上,
You are so strongly in my purpose bred,
我想,全世界除了你都已经死亡。
That all the world besides methinks are dead.