说我不能够爱你更深的,都是谎;
Even those that said I could not love you dearer.
那时候我的理智不懂得我一切
Yet then my judgment knew no reason why
热情为什么后来会烧得更明亮。
My most full flame should afterwards burn clearer.
我总考虑到:时间让无数事故
But reckoning Time, whose millioned accidents
爬进盟誓间,变更帝王的手令,
Creep in 'twixt vows and change decrees of kings,
丑化天仙美,磨钝锋利的意图,
Tan sacred beauty, blunt the sharp'st intents,
在人事嬗变中制服刚强的心灵,
Divert strong minds to th' course of alt’ring things.
那么,唉!惧怕着时间的暴行,
Alas, why, fearing of Time's tyranny,
为什么我不说,“现在我最最爱你”——
Might I not then say, 'Now I love you best,'
既然我经过不安而已经安定,
When I was certain o'er incertainty,
以目前为至极,对以后尚未可期?
Crowning the present, doubting of the rest?
爱还是婴孩;我不能说出那句话,
Love is a babe; then might I not say so,
好让他继续生长,到完全长大。
To give full growth to that which still doth grow.