报你的大恩,而我竟无所举动;
Wherein I should your great deserts repay,
每天我都有义务要回报你的爱,
Forgot upon your dearest love to call,
而我竟忘了把你的至爱来称颂;
Whereto all bonds do tie me day by day;
为的是,我曾和无聊的人们交往,
That I have frequent been with unknown minds,
断送你宝贵的友谊给暂时的机缘;
And given to time your own dear-purchased right;
为的是,我扬帆航行,让任何风向
That I have hoisted sail to all the winds
把我带到离开你最远的地点。
Which should transport me farthest from your sight.
请你记录下我的错误和任性,
Book both my willfulness and errors down,
有了凭证,你就好继续推察;
And on just proof surmise accumulate;
你可以带一脸愠怒,对我瞄准,
Bring me within the level of your frown,
但是别唤醒你的恨,把我射杀:
But shoot not at me in your wakened hate;
因为我的诉状说,我确曾努力于
Since my appeal says I did strive to prove
证实你的爱是怎样忠贞和不渝。
The constancy and virtue of your love.