你这副模样,却也同样地横暴;
As those whose beauties proudly make them cruel;
因为你知道,我对你一片痴情,
For well thou know'st to my dear doting heart
把你当做最贵重、最美丽的珍宝。
Thou art the fairest and most precious jewel.
不过,真的,有人见过你,他们说,
Yet, in good faith, some say that thee behold,
你的脸不具备使爱叹息的力量:
Thy face hath not the power to make love groan;
我不敢大胆地断定他们说错,
To say they err I dare not be so bold,
虽然我暗自发誓说,他们在瞎讲。
Although I swear it to myself alone.
而且,我赌咒,我这决不是骗人,
And, to be sure that is not false I swear,
当我只念着你的容貌的时刻,
A thousand groans, but thinking on thy face,
千百个叹息联袂而来做见证,
One on another's neck, do witness bear
都说你的黑在我看来是绝色。
Thy black is fairest in my judgment's place.
你一点也不黑,除了你的行径,
In nothing art thou black save in thy deeds,
就为了这个,我想,谣言才流行。
And thence this slander, as I think, proceeds.