那颗心使我和我朋友受了重伤;
For that deep wound it gives my friend and me.
难道教我一个人受苦还不够,
Is't not enough to torture me alone,
一定要我爱友也受苦,奴隶那样?
But slave to slavery my sweet'st friend must be?
你满眼冷酷,把我从自身夺去;
Me from myself thy cruel eye hath taken,
你把那第二个我也狠心独占;
And my next self thou harder hast engrossed.
我已经被他、我自己和你所背弃;
Of him, myself, and thee, I am forsaken;
这样就承受了三重三倍的苦难。
A torment thrice threefold thus to be crossed.
请把我的心在你的钢胸里押下,
Prison my heart in thy steel bosom's ward,
好让我的心来保释我朋友的心;
But then my friend's heart let my poor heart bail;
无论谁监守我,得让我的心守护他;
Whoe'er keeps me, let my heart be his guard;
你就不会在狱中对我太凶狠:
Thou canst not then use rigor in my jail.
你还会凶狠的;因为,关在你胸内,
And yet thou wilt, for I, being pent in thee,
我,和我的一切,你必然要支配。
Perforce am thine, and all that is in me.