过多的轻蔑来压迫我缄口的忍耐;
My tongue-tied patience with too much disdain,
不然,悲哀会借给我口舌,来说出
Lest sorrow lend me words, and words express
没人同情我——这种痛苦的情况来。
The manner of my pity-wanting pain.
假如我能把智慧教给你,那多好!
If I might teach thee wit, better it were,
尽管不爱我,你也得对我说爱;
Though not to love, yet love, to tell me so;
正像暴躁的病人,死期快到,
As testy sick men, when their deaths be near,
只希望医生对他说,他会好得快;
No news but health from their physicians know.
因为,假如我绝望了,我就会疯狂,
For if I should despair, I should grow mad,
疯狂了,我就会把你的坏话乱讲:
And in my madness might speak ill of thee.
如今这恶意的世界坏成了这样,
Now this ill-wresting world is grown so bad
疯了的耳朵会相信疯狂的诽谤。
Mad slanderers by mad ears believed be.
要我不乱说你,不疯,你的目光
That I may not be so, nor thou belied,
就得直射,尽管你的心在远方。
Bear thine eyes straight, though thy proud heart go wide.